Smashed Chickpea Sriracha Salad Sandwich
These healthy sandwiches are a spicy, flavorful lunch option that won't take long to put together. It's even better made ahead of time, since this allows the flavors to marry while you kick back and relax!
- 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free mayo
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 to 3 teaspoons Sriracha, to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- red or yellow pepper, chopped (optional)
- assorted greens for toppings
- 4 buns
Adapted from namelymarly.com
Pour the rinsed and drained chickpeas in a lidded bowl. Use a fork to smash the chickpeas. If you like, you can leave some of them whole for a coarser texture. Add the dairy-free mayo and stir to distribute it evenly. Sprinkle the top with the onions, garlic powder, and desired amount of Sriracha. Stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. If desired, add chopped red or yellow pepper.
Place a large spoonful (or two) of the mixture on a bun, topping with additional Sriracha and greens. Leftover mixture can be stored in the fridge, which will also allow flavors to marry further.
You'll also love
- Chayote and Shrimp Soup Seasoned... 4.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Better than Olive Garden Zuppa... 4.4/5 (53 Votes)
- Cheesy Bacon Ranch Baked Potato... 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Black Bean Quesadillas 4.4/5 (54 Votes)
Review this recipe