PROTEIN PACKED COCONUT MACAROONS
- Serves: 28 macaroons
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 3/4 cup protein powder or almond meal
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup erythritol/sugar/stevia
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or peanut butter or unsweetened applesauce/mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2-3/4 cup almond milk
Adapted from foodiefiasco.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a food processor, combine the shredded coconut, coconut flour, protein powder or almond meal, salt, and sweetener. Pulse a few times to combine. Add in the coconut oil or peanut butter and vanilla extract and process until combined and crumbly. Add in the almond milk SLOWLY and stop when you have a nice cookie dough consistency (not too crumbly, not too wet).Using a heaping teaspoon, roll the dough into balls and evenly place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the oven at 350°F for 18 minutes, until golden. Let cool and devour.