Peanut Butter No-Bake Drop Cookies
No baking required for these simple peanut butter cookies. Recipe yields about 60 cookies, hope that's enough because they go really fast!
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4-cup) unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- Dash salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 5 cups quick-cooking oats (I used Quaker)
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped or crushed, optional (I used Planter's Classic Peanuts)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Line two large jellyroll pans with parchment paper or waxed paper. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, add the dry oats and peanuts, if using. Set aside.
In a 2-quart non-stick saucepan over medium/medium-high heat, bring the butter, sugar, brown sugar, salt, and milk to a rapid boil. Once it starts boiling good, cook for exactly 2 minutes, whisking constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and peanut butter until melted.
Pour hot mixture over the oats and peanuts and stir until the mixture loses its gloss as it begins to cool. (This may take 5 to 10 minutes. it will start to look dull as it stiffens.)
Drop mixture by heaping teaspoonfuls onto prepared pans. (I scooped it up with a teaspoon and used the back of another teaspoon to push it out.) Makes about 60 pieces.
Let cool until completely hardened. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Z_Make-Ahead Black Bean & Spinach... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Dump Ranch 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownie Bars 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Pumpkin Streusel Cheesecake Bars 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Overnight Apple Oatmeal 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Cake Mix Cherry Vanilla Cookies 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Apple Peanut Butter Cookies 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Chocolate Hazelnut No-Bake Cookies 4.5/5 (23 Votes)