Valentine’s Day Cookies
These heart-shaped raspberry jam cookies are perfect to make for Valentine's Day. If you don't like hazelnuts, you can omit them, or replace with pecans or walnuts.
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- Seedless raspberry jam
- Two heart-shaped cookie cutters (one slightly larger than the other)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Move the oven racks to the lower levels of the oven and preheat to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
Pour the chopped hazelnuts and flour into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Place the hazelnut mixture and cookie dough in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on medium-low speed until evenly incorporated. Remove the paddle attachment and work the dough with your hands to form a disk.
On a floured surface, roll the dough until it's 1/4" thick. Cut the dough with the larger heart-shape cookie cutter. Then, cut out the centers of half of the cookies with a smaller cookie cutter. Work the scraps back together, roll, and cut out more cookies. (Do not roll the scraps for a third time. The dough will be too brittle.)
Carefully place the cookies onto the prepared cookie sheets, using a large spatula to transfer them. Bake for 10 to 11 minutes, rotating the trays halfway through the baking process. Cool the cookies on a wire rack.
When the cookies are completely cool, spread a thin layer of jam on the bottom surface of the full cookie. Then, place the cut-out cookie on top and gently sandwich them together. Use a small spoon or piping bag to fill the cutouts with a little more jam.
You'll also love
- Cream of Corn Cheese Soup 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Parmesan & White Bean Dip 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Moroccan Garbanzo Beans with... 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Turkey Vegetable Soup with... 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pudding... 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- TGI Friday's Artichoke & Spinach... 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- Man Candy (Candied Bacon & Nuts) 4.3/5 (35 Votes)
- Creamy Baked Eggs For Two 4.5/5 (22 Votes)