Paula Deen's Key Lime Pie
Try Paula Deen's Key Lime Pie delicious recipe.
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 14 ounces
- 1/2 cup Key Lime Juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 2 eggs separated
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup almonds slivered
Combine 5 tablespoons butter melted
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup almonds slivered
Combine all crust ingredients and pat in a 9 inch pie pan. Bake 5 to 10 minutes.
In a medium bowl, combine milk, lime juice, and 1 teaspoon zest. Blend in egg yolks. Pour filling into crust.
Meringue: beat the egg whites with cream of tarter until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar and 1 teaspoon zest until the mixture is stiff. Spread meringue over filling, spread it to the edge of the crust. Bake at 350 for 12 to 15 minutes or until meringue is golden brown.
You'll also love
- Mashed Potato Fudge 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Beef Tips on Rice - Pressure Cooker 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Whole Hog Potato Salad 3.9/5 (79 Votes)
- Paula Deen's Tangy Lemon Meringue... 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Dump Cake 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Linda's Lemon Drizzle Cake 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Spicy Grilled Jalapeno and Lime... 3.4/5 (21 Votes)