Beef Tips on Rice - Pressure Cooker
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 lbs top sirloin steaks, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 4 cups cooked rice
Place first five ingredients in a zip top bag and shake well to distribute. Add the beef cubes to the bag and shake until all are well covered. In a pressure cooker, brown the meat in the vegetable oil over medium heat.
2Once the meat is browned, add the onions and the garlic to the the cooker and saute the onions while deglazing the pan. Once the onions turn translucent add the can of been consommé and stir to combine.
3Place the lid on the cooker and bring to pressure over medium heat. Cook 25 minutes and remove from heat. Once the pressure subsides open the lid and simmer until the proper consistency.
4Serve over rice.