Sweet & Spicy Bacon Chicken
As you can see below, the original recipe calls for this to be baked in the oven. The advantage of that method is that you have some delicious flavorful juices to drizzle over the meat and mashed potatoes. They were fabulous on the grill too. Sweet and Spicy Bacon Chicken is a sweet, savory, and slightly spicy recipe that is sure to become a hit on your dinner table.
- 4 chicken breasts cut in thirds, about 12 pieces
- 12 bacon slices
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, plus more to taste
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 or 3 tablespoons olive oil
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Cut each breast into 3 pieces, season the chicken with the spices, salt, and black pepper. Wrap a bacon slice around each piece of chicken.
Roll in brown sugar.
Place into an ovenproof dish greased with the olive oil.
Bake at 400°F for 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and bacon is brown and crispy.
Delicious served with mashed potatoes with some of the gravy from the chicken drizzled on top.
You'll also love
- Spicy Chicken Lo Mein 4.3/5 (102 Votes)
- Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich 4.5/5 (84 Votes)
- Bacon & Egg Breakfast Casserole 4.6/5 (78 Votes)
- Old-World Manicotti 4.4/5 (98 Votes)
- Southern Fried Chicken 4.3/5 (102 Votes)
- Rotel Chicken Mexican Casserole 4.2/5 (118 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Garbage Bread 4.1/5 (124 Votes)
- Mexican Chicken Stuffed Shells 4.2/5 (116 Votes)