Lemon Gooey Butter Cookies
For a lemony sweet treat, try these Lemon butter cookies with the blend of sweet and citrus.
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 (8-ounce) box of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 box lemon cake mix (I use Duncan Hines lemon supreme)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Preparation time 140mins
Cooking time 160mins
Adapted from smalltownwoman.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cream butter and cream cheese with mixer. Add egg and lemon juice and mix until combined on low. Add the lemon cake mix in three parts mixing until combined after each part.
Refrigerate dough for 2 hours.
Roll into 1 inch balls and roll through the powdered sugar. Place on cookie sheets covered with parchment paper.
Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool for two minutes and remove to cookie cooling racks. When fully cool dust with more powdered sugar.
You'll also love
- Light and Fluffy Coconut Macaroons 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- CHEESY BACON JALAPENO CORN DIP 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- AIP Sweet Potato & Mango Salad 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Orange-Coconut Angel Food Cake 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Pumpkin Mousse 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Lemon Pudding Cheesecake 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Snowman Cupcakes 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Chocolate Cut-Out Cookies... 4.7/5 (18 Votes)