Cream Cheese-Filled Chocolate Chip Muffins
Cream Cheese Filled Chocolate Chip Muffins – Looking for your new favorite breakfast? You’ve found it!
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream or plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips (any kind)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from crazyforcrust.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin pans with paper baking cups.
Stir eggs with sugar and oil, beat until creamy. Add vanilla, vinegar, baking soda, and salt. Mix in sour cream (or greek yogurt) then stir in flour. (Batter may be slightly lumpy.) Stir in chocolate chips.
Make the cream cheese filling: stir (or use a hand mixer) together cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
Fill muffin cups with about 2 tablespoons of muffin batter. Add about 1-2 teaspoons of cream cheese to the center of each muffin, then top with another 1 tablespoon of batter.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of a muffin. Cool 5 minutes in pan then remove to a rack to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to one month
You'll also love
- No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie... 4.7/5 (17 Votes)
- Best Sugar Cookie for Cut Out... 4.7/5 (17 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Sour Cream Doughnuts 4.3/5 (47 Votes)
- Foolproof Brioche Bread 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Banana Pineapple Coconut Muffin 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Muffin Tin Buffalo Chicken Tater... 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Muffins 4.7/5 (9 Votes)