Carrot Cake Trifle
Simple to prepare and deliciously decadent, this recipe takes carrot cake to the highest level. So if you're looking for an impressive dessert, this is for you!
- 1 package (2 layer size) carrot cake mix
- 1 package (8 ounce) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 cups plus 2 tablespoons milk, divided
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 tub (8 ounce) Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- 1/2 cup Planters Walnuts, chopped
- 20 Kraft caramels
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 238mins
Adapted from kraftrecipes.com
Prepare cake batter and bake in 13x9-inch pan as directed on package. Cool completely.
Loosen cake from sides of pan with knife. Gently remove cake from pan; place on cutting board. Cut cake crosswise in half. Cut one half into 3/4-inch cubes. Wrap remaining half tightly; reserve for another use.
Beat cream cheese in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Gradually beat in 3 cups milk. Add dry pudding mixes; beat 2 min. Gently stir in 2 cups Cool Whip.
Layer half each of the cake cubes, pudding mixture and nuts in 2-1/2-qt. serving bowl; top with layers of remaining cake cubes, pudding mixture and Cool Whip.
Refrigerate 2 hours. About 20 min. before serving dessert, microwave caramels and remaining milk in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until caramels are completely melted and sauce is well blended, stirring after each minute. Let stand 15 min.
Drizzle caramel sauce over dessert just before serving; sprinkle with remaining nuts.
You'll also love
- Microwave Cherry-Almond Mug Cake 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Tinklee's Peach Pie Moonshine 4.3/5 (35 Votes)
- Halloween Cookie & Candy Corn Bark 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Tomato/Tomato Paste Salsa 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Individual Veggie Quiche Cups To Go 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Loaded Shoestring Potato Bake 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Hanukkah Rugelach 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Glazed Lemon Pound Cake 4.3/5 (24 Votes)