Hanukkah Rugelach is a traditional cookie made with a rich, tender cream cheese dough. Everyone will love this classic recipe that includes a delicious cinnamon-spiced pistachio-date filling.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose or unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dates
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shelled pistachios
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 175mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
In large bowl, beat 1 cup butter, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add flour; stir until well blended.
Shape dough into ball; divide into 4 pieces. Shape each piece into ball; flatten into 1/2-inch-thick disk. Wrap each in plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour for easier handling.
Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 2 cookie sheets with shortening or spray with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix dates, pistachios, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, the cinnamon and 1/4 cup butter until well blended.
On floured surface with floured rolling pin, roll out 1 disk of dough at a time to 1/8-inch thickness, forming 12-inch round. (Keep remaining disks of dough refrigerated.) Sprinkle 1/4 of date-nut mixture onto round; press into dough slightly. Cut round into 16 wedges. Roll up each wedge from curved edge to point. Place on greased cookie sheets.
Bake 13 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool 30 minutes or until completely cooled. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
*Arrange rugelach evenly on the baking sheets. Avoid crowding, or the middle cookies with not be done when the cookies along the edge are ready.
You'll also love
- Glazed Lemon Pound Cake 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Daffodil (Angel Food) Cake 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Pork Ragu 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Vanilla Cinnamon Tapioca Pudding 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Sandwich... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Bacon Spinach Cheese Ball 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Cheesy Leftover Mashed Potato... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)