Spinach and Mushroom Smothered Grilled Chicken
Grilled chicken smothered with sautéed spinach, mushrooms, onions, pecans, and topped with melted provolone cheese. An easy weeknight dinner packed with nutrients.
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 3/4 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon rotisserie chicken seasoning
- 2 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese, halved
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a large skillet, sauté the spinach, mushrooms, onions and pecans in oil until mushrooms are tender. Set aside and keep warm.
Sprinkle chicken with seasoning. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from the heat for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°F.
Top with cheese. Cover and grill 2 to 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. To serve, top each chicken breast with reserved spinach mixture.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Chicken 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Simple Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken... 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie Soup 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Greek-Style Chicken Breasts 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp and Mushroom Pasta 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Kasbah Chicken Kabobs 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Spinach-Mushroom Quiche 4.6/5 (20 Votes)