Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells
These Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells are the perfect recipe for tonight's dinner. Cheesy and full of fresh herb flavor, these are a hit.
- 16 jumbo pasta shells, plus a few extra to allow fo breaking
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 4 cups packed fresh spinach leaves, roughly-chopped
- 12 ounces skim-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup skim-milk mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated, plus more for serving
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 1/4 cups marinara sauce
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from forkknifeswoon.com
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Cook the pasta al dente, according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil begins to shimmer, add the garlic and cook until it begins to brown, about a minute or two. Add the spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, until the leaves begin to wilt but are still bright green, about 3 to 4 minutes. The spinach should be reduced by half. Remove from the heat and let cool.
In a mixing bowl, stir together the spinach, ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, egg, basil and salt and pepper until thoroughly combined. Pour 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce into the bottom of a shallow 8-inch by 8-inch baking dish. Stuff each pasta shell with a generous amount of the spinach and ricotta mixture, and place in the baking dish.
Cover with the remaining sauce and bake covered with aluminum foil for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking until the top begins to brown and the sauce begins the bubble, another 10-15 minutes. Serve warm with a dusting of Parmesan.
You'll also love
- Simple Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken... 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic & Parmesan Beer... 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies with... 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- CREAM CHEESE SCALLOPED POTATOES 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Cheesy Spinach Muffins 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Baked Spaghetti with Ricotta 3.9/5 (133 Votes)
- Spinach, Ricotta & Pesto Lasagna... 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Baked Spinach and Ricotta Rotolo 4.4/5 (14 Votes)