Chicken & Tomatillo Enchilada Casserole
10 points per serving
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatillos, husked, rinsed, and chopped
- 1 cup chopped scallions (about 4 scallions)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 or 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked skinless chicken breast
- 12 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 12 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
Puree half of tomatillos in food processor. Stir together chopped tomatillos, pureed tomatillos, scallions, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic, salt, and black pepper in large shallow bowl.
Dip both sides of 1 tortilla in tomatillo mixture. Place tortilla on sheet of foil on work surface; top with about 3 tablespoons of chicken, 1/2 tablespoon of cheese, and 1 tablespoon of sour cream. Fold two opposite sides of tortilla over to enclose filling. Place enchilada, seam side down, in prepared baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas, chicken, cheese, and sour cream, making total of 12 enchiladas. Pour remaining tomatillo mixture over enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining 6 tablespoons cheese.
Cover baking dish with foil. Bake 20 minutes; uncover and bake until edges of enchiladas begin to brown and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
PER SERVING (2 enchiladas and l/s of sauce): 390 Cal, 9 g Total Fat, 3 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 78 mg Choi, 589 mg Sod, 44 g Garb, 6 g Sugar, 5 g Fib, 33 g Prot, 278 mg Calc.
You'll also love
- Velveeta Shells and Cheese... 3.7/5 (106 Votes)
- Sticky Garlic Chicken Bites 4.7/5 (22 Votes)
- Fried Chicken Corn Dogs 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Salsa Chicken Fajita Pizza 4.8/5 (16 Votes)
- BBQ Chicken and Pineapple... 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Chicken Sour Cream Enchilada... 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Chicken Alfredo Shells 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole 4.6/5 (26 Votes)