Chicken Sour Cream Enchilada Casserole
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 - 24-32 oz can of green chile enchilada sauce
- 1 dozen soft corn flour tortillas, each one cut into four strips
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups boneless skinless chicken
- 4 cups finely monteray jack cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat, add the onion and cook, stirring until softened about 5 minutes. Set aside.
Pour about ½ cup of enchilada sauce into the slow cooker and spread around. In layers, add ¼ of the tortilla strips, ¼ quarter of the remaining sauce, 1/3 of the sautéed onion, 1/3 of the chicken and ¼ of the cheese. Repeat the layers two more times ending with the cheese.
Finish casserole with remaining sauce and cheese.
Spoon the sour cream over the surface of the casserole in big dollops and spread it around without disturbing the layer.
Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4-5 hours.
You'll also love
- Quick & Simple Naan Wrap-ups 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Leg of Lamb, Sweet and Sour... 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Charred Lemon Chicken Piccata 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Thai-Style Chicken Soup 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Boston Cream Poke Cake 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken & Pasta Bake 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Cheesy Smoked Sausage & Potato... 4.2/5 (66 Votes)
- Jalapeno Chicken & Rice Casserole 4.2/5 (63 Votes)