Pioneer Woman's Peach Cobbler
This cobbler recipe inspired by Ree Drummond's is perfection. The peaches come out juicy and soft and the topping is crumbly and buttery. Perfect for a summer evening.
- Butter, for greasing baking dish
- 3 pounds peaches, frozen
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 heaping tablespoons sugar, plus extra for sprinkling over the top
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening or lard
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 whole eggs
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 85mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Butter a baking dish.
In a bowl, combine the peaches, sugar, 1/2 cup of flour, lemon juice, and salt. Stir and set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine the 3 cups of flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir together. Add the butter and shortening, and then cut together with a pastry cutter. Beat the milk and eggs together. Pour into the flour mixture and stir with a fork until just combined.
Pour the peaches into the prepared baking dish.
Tear off pinches of the dough topping and drop it onto the surface of the fruit, creating a "cobbled" texture. Sprinkle additional sugar over the top.
Bake in the oven for about 1 hour, checking about 30 minutes in to see if the top is nice and brown. Once top is browned you your liking, cover loosely with foil for the remainder of the bake time. Allow to sit for 10 to 15 minutes before serving. If the cobbler is too juicy, use a turkey baster to remove a little of the juice, or spoon the juice over ice cream. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
You'll also love
- Cream Cheese Apple Coffee Cake 4.4/5 (45 Votes)
- Garden Rotini Pasta Salad 4.3/5 (45 Votes)
- Apple Fritter Bread 4.4/5 (41 Votes)
- Fruit Pizza 4.2/5 (41 Votes)
- Strawberry Blintzes 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Classic Pumpkin Roll with Orange... 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Spicy Jalapeño Philly Cheese... 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Beer Cheese for Soft Pretzels 4.6/5 (27 Votes)