Pioneer Woman's Peach Cobbler
This cobbler recipe inspired by Ree Drummond's is perfection. The peaches come out juicy and soft and the topping is crumbly and buttery. Perfect for a summer evening.
- Butter, for greasing baking dish
- 3 pounds peaches, frozen
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 heaping tablespoons sugar, plus extra for sprinkling over the top
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening or lard
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 whole eggs
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 85mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Butter a baking dish.
In a bowl, combine the peaches, sugar, 1/2 cup of flour, lemon juice, and salt. Stir and set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine the 3 cups of flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir together. Add the butter and shortening, and then cut together with a pastry cutter. Beat the milk and eggs together. Pour into the flour mixture and stir with a fork until just combined.
Pour the peaches into the prepared baking dish.
Tear off pinches of the dough topping and drop it onto the surface of the fruit, creating a "cobbled" texture. Sprinkle additional sugar over the top.
Bake in the oven for about 1 hour, checking about 30 minutes in to see if the top is nice and brown. Once top is browned you your liking, cover loosely with foil for the remainder of the bake time. Allow to sit for 10 to 15 minutes before serving. If the cobbler is too juicy, use a turkey baster to remove a little of the juice, or spoon the juice over ice cream. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
You'll also love
- Martha Stewart's English Muffin &... 3.6/5 (363 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes in Muffin Tins 4.3/5 (165 Votes)
- Lemony Lemon Brownies 3.9/5 (179 Votes)
- Best Ever Cowboy Cookies 4.1/5 (129 Votes)
- Simple Sweet Potato Casserole 4.3/5 (114 Votes)
- Applesauce Oatmeal Breakfast... 4.3/5 (71 Votes)
- Best Bread Pudding 4.4/5 (54 Votes)
- Copycat Panera Bread Double Orange... 4.1/5 (77 Votes)
- Pumpkin Custard, Crock pot 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Apple Coffee Cake 4.3/5 (57 Votes)
- David Venable's Lobster Bites with... 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Banana Pudding 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Strawberry Blintzes 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Halloween Orange Sherbet Punch 4.3/5 (41 Votes)
- How to freeze fresh peaches 4.3/5 (46 Votes)
- Beer Cheese for Soft Pretzels 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Orange Cranberry Scones 4.1/5 (68 Votes)
- Real Canadian Butter Tarts 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Caramel Tassies 4.2/5 (63 Votes)
- Simple Baked Meatballs with Rice &... 3.9/5 (61 Votes)
- Baked Creamy Corn Casserole 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Pomegranate Scones 4/5 (39 Votes)
- Ice Cream Cone Fruit cups 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Banana Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake 3.8/5 (64 Votes)
- Skinny Lemon Brownies 4.1/5 (34 Votes)
- Fruit Platz - Mom's Recipe 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Sour Cream Rhubarb Cookies 3.6/5 (47 Votes)
- Gluten Free Overnight Coffee Cake 5/5 (1 Votes)