Beer Cheese for Soft Pretzels
Add this delicious beer cheese to soft pretzels to make the perfect snack for watching the game. So easy, why wouldn't you make it?
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup Blue Moon beer
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups colby jack cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from themerrythought.com
In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and whisk to combine, cooking about one minute until smooth.
Gradually add in beer and milk, whisking constantly. Add garlic, dry mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
Switch to a wooden spoon and stir frequently until thickened, about 5 to 10 minutes. The sauce should begin to coat the back of the spoon.
Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Add cayenne pepper, salt & pepper to taste
You'll also love
- Southwestern BBQ Chicken Salad 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Moravian Christmas Cookies 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Parmesan Crusted Roasted Asparagus 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Orange Cranberry Scones 4.2/5 (50 Votes)
- Salted Caramel Popcorn Balls 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Artisan Bread in Five Minutes A... 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Jeannie's Chocolate Cake 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Gluten-Free & Grain-Free Pretzels 4.5/5 (24 Votes)