Instant Pot Whole “Roast” Chicken
- One small chicken – about 4 pounds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Additional seasonings if desired (the chicken pictured was seasoned with lemon pepper)
1.Turn on the sauté setting and add in the coconut oil. When the oil heats up, place the chicken in breast-down and brown. I move mine around a few times to brown the sides as well.
2.When the chicken is nice and brown, turn it over and sprinkle with seasoning.
3.Lock the lid into place and set the valve to “sealing.” Select “Poultry” and then increase the type of pressure from normal to high. (If you have the 7-in-1, you can do that by pressing the “Adjust” button.) Set the time to 20 minutes.
4.When the 20 minutes is up, turn the valve to “venting” and allow to depressurize. Turn the chicken over and then cook for another 15 minutes on high. It should be ready at this point, but check and make sure. If needed, cook for 5 more minutes, then serve.
You'll also love
- Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup 4.4/5 (73 Votes)
- Ell Pollo Loco Chicken 4.6/5 (60 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup 4.6/5 (60 Votes)
- Chicken Wings with Tomatoes 4.5/5 (61 Votes)
- Pork Chops & Rice in an Instant... 3.7/5 (272 Votes)
- Easy Roast Chicken 4.6/5 (44 Votes)
- Crick's Chicken and Dumplings 5/5 (6 Votes)
- Southwest Chicken - Instant Pot 4.4/5 (49 Votes)