Orecchiette with Turkey Sausage, Broccoli Rabe, and Walnuts
- 6 ounces uncooked orecchiette pasta
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 8 ounces sweet turkey Italian sausage, casings removed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe (about 12 ounces), trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (about 3/4 cup)
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from cooking light.com
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Reserve 1 cup cooking liquid; drain.
2. While pasta cooks, heat 1 teaspoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add walnuts; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer walnuts to a plate.
3. Add remaining 4 teaspoons oil and sausage to pan; cook 6 minutes, stirring to crumble sausage. Add garlic, broccoli rabe, and 1/2 cup reserved pasta water; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally and scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
4. Add pasta, remaining 1/2 cup pasta water, walnuts, rind, juice, and red pepper to pan; toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Spicy Tuna Melts 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Creamy Spinach Soup with Dill 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Copycat Applebee's Chicken Wings 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Tuscan-Style Beef Stew 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Beef Tagine with Butternut Squash 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Smoked Beer-Can Turkey 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Grilled Cherry Tomato Turkey... 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Broccoli Florets with Orange 4/5 (4 Votes)