Slow-Cooker Roasted Whole Chicken
Moist and crazy fall-off-the-bone tender meat with quick and easy preparation, and no messy oven to clean! Once you try it this way, you'll never go back.
- 1 whole chicken (or thawed bone-in turkey breast, I remove the back)
- String to secure the legs and wings, optional
- Olive oil or cooking spray
- Salt, to taste
- Garlic salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Paprika, to taste
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 180mins
Remove lid from a 6-quart crock pot and preheat on high while you prepare the chicken.
Rinse and pat chicken dry with paper towels. Tie legs and wings with thread or string, if desired. Lightly coat chicken with olive oil or olive oil cooking spray. Season chicken with salt, garlic salt, black pepper and paprika, as desired.
Place chicken, breast side up, on a small rack that will fit inside the crock pot or 3 to 4 balls of crumpled up aluminum foil to keep the chicken out of the juices.
Cover and cook on High for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours or until the thickest part of the chicken registers 180°F on a meat thermometer (time depends on size of chicken and crock pot cooking temperature). Don't check for the first 1 1/2 hours as too much heat will be lost. If you prefer a crispy, browned skin, remove from crockpot to a oven-safe pan and oven broil for a few minutes.
You'll also love
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Pineapple Fried Brown Rice 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Cheesy Turkey Meatloaf 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Couscous Stuffed Bell Peppers 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde - Eating... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- 4 Ingredient Ginger Nut Cookies 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Canal House's Chicken Thighs with... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Espresso Martini 4.4/5 (8 Votes)