Sticky Thai Peanut Orange Chicken (30 Minutes)
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sticky Thai Peanut Orange Sauce
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter (can sub. smooth)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3-4 tablespoons brown sugar depending on desired sweetness**
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha/Asian hot chili sauce, more or less to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Chopped roasted peanuts
- Green onions
- Orange zest
Adapted from carlsbadcravings.com
1.In a medium bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients. Set aside.
2.Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
3.Mix Rub Ingredients together in a small bowl and rub all over chicken.
4.Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large oven proof skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and sear 2-3 minutes per side or until browned. Remove chicken to plate.
5.Add sauce and simmer 1 minute, scraping sides of pan to deglaze. Add chicken back to skillet, and spoon some sauce over chicken. Bake 8- 12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through depending on thickness.
6.Garnish with desired toppings and serve over rice.
*I prefer thighs because they are oh so tender but you may substitute boneless, skinless chicken breasts but make sure they are pounded THIN. Adjust baking time accordingly.
**I use 3 tablespoons then sprinkle a little brown sugar on the top after baking - so good!
You'll also love
- Strawberry Orange Trifle 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Buttermilk Ranch Chicken Cutlets 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Yucatan Shrimp 3.9/5 (88 Votes)
- Teriyaki Chicken and Rice Casserole 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Orange Crush Cake 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Asparagus and Chicken Stir-fry 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Hot Chicken Salad 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Korean Sticky Chicken 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
Review this recipe