Gluten Free Spinach Crackers
What do you do with a bag of spinach that's not quite good enough to eat, but not quite bad enough to throw out? Make crackers! They don't look pretty but they are delicious.
*Update- it recently occurred to me this dough would also make an amazing gluten free pizza crust. I can't wait to try it!
- 1 bag of spinach
- 1/4-1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 cup of flour, approx.- I used oat flour, almond meal and hazelnut meal
- 1/4 cup of cheese- I used mozzarella. Parmesan, gouda, dubliner, cheddar would all work.
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Puree spinach, olive oil, water, salt, baking powder, garlic, pepper, salt, basil, and cheese in a blender. You may need to do half the spinach first and press it down with a spoon.
3. Pour mixture into a bowl and add flour 1/4 cup at a time. Mixture will become a thick dough. The recipe I adapted this from had the dough so thick you could roll it with a rolling pin. Mine was more like halfway between cookie dough and cake batter.
4. Pour dough onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread evenly and thinly. You may need another cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt.
5. Bake for about 20-30 minutes or more, depending on the thickness of your dough. About halfway through, cut dough into squares. Crackers that are done will turn a light brown color. You can flip the crackers if you want. Thinner crackers and edge pieces will cook fastest, don't be afraid to take them out of the oven when they are done and allow the rest to continue baking.
6. Serve plain or with a herby cheese spread!
You'll also love
- Tenderloin tips with mushroom... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Braised Lamb Shanks with North... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Strawberry Ice Cubes 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Pork & Mushroom Stew with Potato... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Bisquick Heart Smart®... 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Mini Kale-Mushroom Calzones with... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Organic Broccolini & Spinach Soup 4.5/5 (11 Votes)