Orange Glazed Cranberry Scones
- 2 cups (240g) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, divided
- 5 tablespoons (70g) chilled, unsalted butter, sliced to 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups (135g) cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup (65g) blueberries
- 1 cup (230ml) heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons (43g) melted butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups (175g) powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons orange juice
Preheat oven to 425°F.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, granulated sugar, salt and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the orange zest. Using two knives or a pastry blender, quickly cut in the cold butter until mixture resembles a coarse meal.
Stir in cranberries and apricots, then add cream. With a rubber spatula or fork, stir until dough begins to form.
Divide dough in half. On a floured surface, shape each half into a 7" disc. The dough will be sticky. You can sprinkle it with a little extra flour, if needed. Using a floured knife or bench scraper, cut into 8 wedges. Transfer to large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone mat. Brush with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the melted butter. Bake 13-16 minutes or until the edges are light golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire rack.
Meanwhile, prepare the orange glaze. Place powdered sugar, remaining 1/2 teaspoon orange zest , 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter and 2 tablespoons orange juice in a medium bowl. Stir until smooth. Add more juice, if needed. Pour glaze into 1 quart resealable food storage bag. Cut off tiny corner of bag; squeeze bag to drizzle icing over scones. Store in airtight container. They will keep for several days or freeze for longer life.
You'll also love
- STRAWBERRY ANGEL DELIGHT 4.6/5 (45 Votes)
- Chipotle-Orange-Glazed Salmon... 4.6/5 (44 Votes)
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Mousse... 4.4/5 (54 Votes)
- Szechuan Orange-Ginger Beef 4.5/5 (48 Votes)
- Sage and Cranberry Crab Cakes... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
Review this recipe