Ranch Green Beans & Potatoes w/ Bacon
- 3 (29 oz.) cans Delmonte Cut Green Beans & Potatoes, drained and rinsed
- 4 strips crispy-cooked bacon, cut or torn into small pieces (I used thick-cut bacon)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cloves minced fresh garlic (1 tsp.)
- 3 teaspoons dry Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- Salt to taste, optional
Drain the beans and beans & potatoes in a colander then rinse under cold tap water; set aside to drain well. Cut up onion and garlic and set aside.
Cook bacon; drain on paper towels then cut or tear into small pieces. Set aside.
In a large, deep skillet melt the butter over medium heat. Add onion and sauté just until softened. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Increase heat to medium-high; add the beans and potatoes and let cook undisturbed for 3-4 minutes then use an egg turner or similar spatula to flip the mixture over so you don't wreck the beans and potatoes. Cook down until almost all the liquid is gone, flipping occasionally to prevent scorching. When liquid is almost out, sprinkle the dry Ranch mix and black pepper over the top and flip over a couple of times to combine. Just before beans are finished cooking, add the bacon (or you can wait until serving and use it to garnish the top). (I put half of it in the beans and garnished top with other half). Taste and add salt only if needed since the bacon and Ranch mix are salty.
You'll also love
- Easy Seafood Paella Recipe 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Pork Medallions in Mushroom... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Pumpkin Frappuccino 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Dark Peanut Butter and White... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Cajun Brined Turkey Two Ways 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Abuelo's Papas con Chile (potatoes) 3.5/5 (78 Votes)
- Italian Pork Chili with Polenta 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Baked salmon with bacon on a bed... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)