Abuelo's Papas con Chile (potatoes)
Make sure you always have these ingredients on hand... Once your family tries this delicious Abuelo's Papas con Chile recipe they'll be requesting it again and again. It's so good!
- 3 pounds red potatoes
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut into squares
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 10 ounces Velveeta, cut into squares
- 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers, diced
- 2 cans chiles, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion tops, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno, seeds removed
Adapted from beyerbeware.net
Place cubed potatoes into a pot of water covering completely. Boil potatoes until soft. Drain and return to pan.
Add remaining ingredients to potatoes. Mash potatoes until all the ingredients are incorporated.