Baked salmon with bacon on a bed of tatsoi
- 4 6-ounce fillets of salmon, boneless and skinless
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons coconut crystals or honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- pinch of sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 each 1 each shallots minced*
- 4 cups greens such as tatsoi, or spinach
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground*
Instructions for the Salmon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Combine the aminos, fish sauce, coconut crystals, ginger, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
Place the salmon fillets in a baking dish and pour the marinade over the fish.
Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes until flaky, basting the fish every 5 minutes.
Instruction for the bacon and Tatsoi
Cut the bacon into 1/4-inch strips for quick cooking.
Cook the bacon in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until crispy.
Remove the bacon to paper towel.
Add the shallots to the skillet, cook for about 5 minutes until soft and translucent.
Add the garlic, and cook for 1 minute.
Add the tatsoi and saute until wilted.
Add the balsamic vinegar, and cook until most of the liquid has been evaporated .
Taste and season with salt and pepper.