Linguine With Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves - (packed)
- 1/4 cup blanched slivered almonds toasted
- 1/4 cup drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/8 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- 1 pound linguine
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Blend first 5 ingredients in processor until nuts are finely chopped. With machine running, gradually add oil, then 1/2 cup water, blending until almost smooth. Transfer pesto to bowl. Mix in 1/3 cup cheese. Season to taste with salt.
Cook linguine in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking water. Return pasta to pot. Add pesto and toss to coat, adding enough reserved water to form thin sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Serve, passing remaining cheese.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Lime-Pickled Red Onions 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Kiwi-Cream Cheese Tart 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Cumin-Lamb Pitas With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Pea Vichyssoise 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crab Salad With Sun-Dried Tomato... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausage And Bell Pepper Ziti 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Linguine With Red Peppers, Green... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Linguine And Clams In Ginger-Soy... 0/5 (0 Votes)