Carbonara Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
The flavors of carbonara and chicken Alfredo come together nicely in this stuffed shell dish that’s bound to become an instant family favorite!
- 12 ounce box jumbo pasta shells
- Olive oil
- 15 ounce jar Alfredo pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or water
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 3 cups ricotta cheese (12 ounces)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Dash salt and pepper
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 375° F. Spray 13 x 9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
Cook and drain pasta shells as directed on box; spread on cookie sheet to cool. Drizzle with olive oil so shells don’t stick together.
In medium bowl, stir together Alfredo sauce and stock.
In large bowl, mix chicken, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, parsley, garlic, pepper flakes, salt and pepper, and half of the cooked bacon. Fold mixture to combine well.
Spoon just enough Alfredo sauce mixture in bottom of baking dish to cover bottom. When pasta is cool enough to handle, fill shells with chicken mixture. Place shells in slightly diagonal rows until baking dish is full (28 to 30 shells). Cover shells with remaining sauce.
Bake about 35 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and filling is hot. Sprinkle with remaining bacon.
I would consider adding quartered artichoke hearts or sliced mushrooms.
You'll also love
- Crockpot Chicken Biscuit Supreme 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Baked Pineapple Ginger Chicken 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Chicken Alfredo Biscuit Casserole 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- PASTA - Macaroni & Cheese... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Greek-Style Chicken Pasta Salad 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Chicken Parmesan with Buffalo... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Chicken Florentine Pasta 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Chicken & Mushroom Alfredo... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)