5-Ingredient Dark Chocolate Soufflés
This recipe is from Marlene Koch's Eat More of What You Love cookbook. I recommend her cookbooks for anyone watching calories or sugar intake. This is an excellent soufflé and only 160 calories per serving.
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, preferably Dutch-processed
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray five 6-ounce ramekins with baking spray and place on a sheet pan.
Separate the eggs, placing all the egg whites in one large bowl and two yolks in a small bowl (reserve remaining two yolks for another use).
Place the chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl and heat for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until chips are partially melted and appear shiny. Remove and stir. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons warm water, instant coffee and cocoa powder. Whisk in the two egg yolks. Add the melted chocolate and whisk until smooth.
With an electric mixer on high speed, beat the egg whites until foamy. Gradually add the sugar and beat to stiff, but not dry, peaks. Gently fold half the chocolate mixture into the egg whites, taking care not to deflate the egg whites. Repeat with the remaining chocolate mixture.
Fill ramekins and place the pan in oven on center rack. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or just until firm to the touch. Dust with cocoa powder or powdered sugar, if desired. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Nutella Soufflés 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Twice Baked Sweet Potato Soufflés 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Shrimp & Corn Chowder 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Ham Salad 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese... 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Asian Mochi Rolls 驴打滚儿 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- New Orleans-Style Crawfish... 3.7/5 (126 Votes)
- Dunkaroo Dip 3.7/5 (52 Votes)