Sassy Bacon & Cabbage
Sassy Bacon and Cabbage is the sassy side dish recipe that pairs perfectly with any meaty main course, a loaf of crusty bread, and an ice cold beer of your choice. This dish easily doubles or triples to serve a large crowd of dinner guests or freeze your leftovers for a quick meal anytime you need one. This recipe is super simple and super scrumptious, so make it apart of your weekly dinner rotation.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 slices bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 onion, thinly sliced,
- 1 medium green cabbage, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from spicysouthernkitchen.com
Heat oil in a large, heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crisp, stirring frequently.
Use a slotted spoon to transfer bacon to a plate. Add onion and cabbage to pot and cook, stirring often, until cabbage is wilted, about 10 minutes.
Add vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce, and cook until cabbage is crisp-tender, about 10 more minutes.
Stir in bacon. Serve.
You'll also love
- Caramel Apple Crisp Bites 4/5 (28 Votes)
- Peach Cobbler Pull-Apart Bread 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Chicken Fried Steak with Mashed... 4.2/5 (27 Votes)
- Pulled Pork and Red Onion Melt 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Scalloped Potatoes... 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Fish Tacos with Avocado-Cabbage... 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Gingerbread Turtle Thumbprint... 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Potato Kugel Gratin 4.2/5 (25 Votes)