Pork Chops with Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
This Pork Chops with Scalloped Potatoes Recipe is an all-in-one comforting main dish everyone will love.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can chicken broth
- 6 pork rib or loin chops (3/4-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Additional salt and pepper, optional
- 6 cups peeled potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- Paprika and minced fresh parsley, optional
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 115mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat and set aside. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil; sprinkle with additional salt and pepper if desired.
In a greased 13-in. x 9-inch baking dish, layer potatoes and onion. Pour broth mixture over layers. Place pork chops on top.
Cover and bake at 350°F for 1 hour; uncover and bake 30 minutes longer or until meat and potatoes are tender. If desired, sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
You'll also love
- Crispy Corn Tortillas with Chicken... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Sweet and Sour Shrimp and Scallops 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Sweet Biscuits with Roasted Peaches 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- How To Make Tomato Paste 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Roast Potatoes with Vinegar-Baked 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Creamy Crab Wontons 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Avocado Bacon Omelets 4.5/5 (20 Votes)