Made-from-scratch bread baked fresh and laced with a garlic and herb butter, this recipe will melt in your mouth when you taste it. Serve this bread on the side of any sauce that needs sopping or with your favorite pasta dish soaked in marinara, and a lightly dressed side salad. This Garlic-Cheese Bread also makes a great appetizer for any large, carb-loving group of hungry guests.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons active yeast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- GARLIC HERB BUTTER:
- 1 stick unsalted butter, about 1/2 cup, softened at room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Italian flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- sea salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan or Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups Tex-Mex Shredded Cheese Blend, divided
- black pepper to taste
Preparation time 130mins
Cooking time 150mins
Adapted from seasaltwithfood.com
Put the warm water in a measuring bowl. Add sugar, stir to dissolve, and add the yeast. Stir to mix. Set aside for 10 to 15 minutes or until the yeast mixture is frothy.
Place the flour and sea salt into a large bowl and mix well. Pour in the yeast mixture and add the vegetable oil. Knead the dough for about 10 to 13 minutes until it is smooth and elastic. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover the bowl with a piece of cling film and set aside in a warm place for about 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in bulk.
GARLIC HERB BUTTER:
Combine the butter, garlic, and parsley, and mix with a spoon or rubber spatula until well combined. Set aside.
Center a rack in the oven and preheat the oven to 400˚F.
Divide it into 2 equal portions. Place a portion of the dough on a floured board. Let the dough rest for about 5 minutes. Flatten the dough with your palm, and roll into a thin rectangular shape, about 14x8-inches with a rolling pin. Spread the surface with about 2 1/2 to 3 tablespoons of garlic herb butter, black pepper, and scatter the cheese.
Starting with the edge closest to you, the long end, and roll up the dough. Then gently roll the dough to even it, and fuse the two ends together.
Start from one end of the dough, cut almost all the way through, at about 3/4 to 1-inch intervals. Lift the dough and place on the baking pan. Spread some garlic herb butter on the top of the dough. Let the dough rest for about 10 minutes. Repeat the process with the remaining dough.
Then, bake for about 18 to 20 minutes, or until the cheese has melted, and bread is golden brown in color.
You'll also love
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Glazed Lemon Zucchini Bread 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Lemon-Soufflé Pudding Cake 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Saucy Stuffed Zucchini 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Tequila-Lime Chicken Drumsticks 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Sandwich Cookie Filling - Dairy... 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Chive Mashed Potatoes 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Pizza Hut Creamy Garlic Sauce 4.1/5 (64 Votes)