Harvest Chicken, Apple, Sweet Potato, and Brussels Sprouts Skillet
This recipe title says it all. Harvest Chicken, Apple, Sweet Potato, and Brussels Sprouts Skillet, plus bacon!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 poundchicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 8 ounces)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken stock, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from wellplated.com
Heat the olive oil in a large, nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium high, until hot and shimmering. Add the chicken and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Cook until lightly browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to plate lined with paper towels.
Reduce skillet heat to medium low. Add the chopped bacon and cook until crisp and brown and the fat has rendered, about 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate (I simply laid another paper towel on top of the plate with the chicken, then stacked the bacon on that). Discard all but 1 1/2 tablespoons bacon fat from the pan.
Increase skillet heat back to medium high. Add Brussels sprouts, sweet potato, onion, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender and the onions are beginning to look translucent, about 8 minutes.
Stir in the apples, garlic, thyme, and cinnamon. Cook 30 seconds, then pour in 1/2 cup of the broth. Bring to a boil and cook until evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add the reserved chicken and remaining 1/2 cup broth. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in reserved bacon and serve warm.
You'll also love
- Christmas Party Cranberry Dip 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Sausage, Cream Cheese Pinwheels 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Cranberry-Orange Simple Syrup 4/5 (33 Votes)
- Greek Yogurt & Olive Oil Orange... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Zucchini, Squash and Corn Casserole 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- potato mac salad (Hawaiian style) 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Caramelized Canned Potatoes 4.1/5 (27 Votes)
- ATK Deep Dish Apple Pie 4/5 (69 Votes)
Review this recipe