Cranberry-Orange Simple Syrup
Yield: 16 ounces
- 1 1/2 cups, plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cups cranberries
- peel from half an orange
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- pinch of kosher salt
Adapted from bing.com
Place one tablespoon sugar, cranberries and orange peel in a saucepot.
Cook down until tender, about five minutes.
Add 1 ½ cups sugar, water, lemon juice and salt to the pot and bring to a boil.
Remove from heat.
If you want more intense flavors and color, you can let the mixture cool for 30 minutes.
Strain the liquid twice to remove the fruit.
Pour the cooled mixture into a bottle or pitcher.
You'll also love
- Greek Yogurt & Olive Oil Orange... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Beef and Vegetable Samosas 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Zucchini, Squash and Corn Casserole 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- No-bake Chocolate-Raspberry... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Cake: GF Orange and Chocolate Cake 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Blueberry-Greek Yogurt Scones 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Tequila & Lime Turkey Chili 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- APPLE CRANBERRY BACON CANDIED... 4.2/5 (17 Votes)