Christmas Party Cranberry Dip
Cream cheese is spread in a pie plate and topped with homemade cranberry sauce and served with honey graham crackers or Club buttery crackers.
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh cranberries (Ocean Spray)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese (reduced fat ok)
- Honey Graham Crackers or Buttery crackers (such as Club or Waverly)
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 65mins
Sort through berries and remove any stems and blemished berries (brown or mushy ones). Rinse with water and drain well in a colander.
Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan over medium/medium heat, bring water, sugar, and salt to a boil; then boil for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally.
Stir in the cranberries and bring back to a boil; continue boiling 5-6 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until cranberries "pop". It's important that they “pop” to release the natural pectin which thickens the sauce.
For a different flavor twist, after the sauce has finished cooking, stir in 1 tablespoon grated orange zest, 1 finely minced fresh jalapeno pepper (remove seeds first), or 2 to 3 tablespoons peach or pineapple preserves. (Shown with a little peach preserves).
Pour sauce into a serving dish and cool to room temperature or refrigerate until chilled.
Spread the cream cheese in the bottom of a pie plate. Top with cooled cranberry sauce. Serve with crackers.
Cover leftovers and store in the refrigerator.
You'll also love
- Sausage, Cream Cheese Pinwheels 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Braided Cherry Danish 3.9/5 (25 Votes)
- Cranberry-Orange Simple Syrup 4.1/5 (32 Votes)
- Greek Yogurt & Olive Oil Orange... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Make-Ahead Buttermilk Pancakes 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Teriyaki Pork Fried Rice 4/5 (30 Votes)
- No-bake Chocolate-Raspberry... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Cranberry Almond Pound Cake 4.3/5 (16 Votes)