Sausage, Cream Cheese Pinwheels
Can make pie crust:
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cold and cut into cubes
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon cold water
For preparation see Instructions
- For Pie Crust:
- 8 8 package 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1 1 about 1 lb sausage (I like Jimmy Dean regular)
- 1 1 1 package of crescent rolls (can use pie crust-see below)
Adapted from lifeloveandsugar.com
1. Crumble sausage and cook thoroughly in a pan. Drain fat from pan and allow sausage to cool.
2. Combine cream cheese and sausage in a bowl and mix well.
3. Open package of crescents and roll out into a rectangle on a flat surface without separating the crescents. Press together and seal the perforated lines in the rolls.
4. Spoon sausage and cream cheese mixture onto the dough, spreading all over.
5. Roll the dough lengthwise. Wrap in parchment paper and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes, or throw it in the freezer if you're in a hurry. You could also make it the night before and leave it in the fridge overnight. The main thing is to get the roll firm enough to slice easily.
6. Cut slices to about 1/4 inch and place on cookie sheet.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for about 13-15 minutes or until they are golden on top.
You'll also love
- Cranberry-Orange Simple Syrup 4/5 (33 Votes)
- Greek Yogurt & Olive Oil Orange... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Beef and Vegetable Samosas 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Teriyaki Pork Fried Rice 3.9/5 (33 Votes)
- Cajun Chicken & Sausage Gumbo 4/5 (21 Votes)
Review this recipe