Oven-Poached Pears With Lemon, Honey And Nutmeg
- 2 large ripe pears halved, cored, and each half cut into 6 wedges
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 4 teaspoons dried currants
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Ground nutmeg to taste
- 3/4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place large baking sheet in oven to heat. Cut 4 sheets of foil, each about 12 inches long.
Place 1 foil sheet on work surface. Arrange 6 pear wedges, overlapping slightly, on 1 half of foil. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon honey. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon currants, 1/4 teaspoon lemon peel and pinch of nutmeg. Fold foil over, enclosing contents completely and crimping edges tightly to seal. Repeat with remaining foil sheets, pears, honey, currants, lemon peel and nutmeg.
Place foil packets on heated baking sheet. Bake until pears are tender, about 5 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
Open foil packets into 4 shallow bowls to retain juices. Top each serving with 3 tablespoons vanilla yogurt.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (759 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (168 Votes)
- Pear Galettes 4.4/5 (58 Votes)
- Apple or pear tart 4.6/5 (35 Votes)
- Maple Seared Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beach House Seafood Strata 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken With Apple-Brandy Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Peach Brandy Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)