Pineapple Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
Rate this recipe 3.9/5 (10 Votes)
- 1 cup all-natural ketchup
- 1 1/2 Cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cups pure pineapple juice (not from concentrate)
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup bourbon (I used Knob Creek)
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon* chipotle chili powder
Adapted from cookingwithcurls.com
Pour all ingredients into a medium sized sauce pan, and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, until thick and reduced by about half.
Serve immediately, or store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
*Use additional chipotle chili powder for added heat!
You'll also love
- Perfect Banana Pudding 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Blueberry Cheesecake Poke Cake 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Pineapple Cucumber Juice 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Cherry Pineapple Marshmallow Jello... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
Review this recipe