Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
All the great flavors of Buffalo chicken wings can be found in this lovely lasagna layered with ground chicken seasoned with Buffalo sauce, ricotta cheese mixed with blue cheese and lasagna noodles.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 (15-ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1 3/4 cups crumbled blue cheese, divided, 7 ounces
- 1/2 cup minced Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (12-ounces)
- 2 cups white cheddar cheese, shredded (8-ounces)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 75mins
In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add the chicken, onion, celery and carrot; cook and stir until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in the tomatoes, wing sauce, water, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
In a small bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, 3/4 cup blue cheese, parsley and egg.
Spread 1-1/2 cups sauce into a greased 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish. Layer with three noodles, 1-1/2 cups sauce, 2/3 cup ricotta mixture, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 2/3 cup cheddar cheese and 1/3 cup blue cheese. Repeat layers twice.
Bake, covered, at 350°F for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Buttermilk Pancakes for Two 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Broccoli Mushroom Chicken Casserole 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Honey Garlic Chicken Skillet 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Naan BBQ Chicken Pizza 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken Zucchini Fettuccine 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Macaroni & Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Baked Cilantro Lime Chicken Wings 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Chicken & Pasta Casserole with... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)