Roasted Tilapia with Tomatoes, Olives and Fingerling Potatoes
From and tested by Susan Selasky for the Free Press Test Kitchen
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 1/4 lbs small fingerling potatoes, cut diagonally into 1/2" pcs
- 3 tsp chopped fresh thyme, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 c grape tomatoes
- 1/3 c pitted kalamata olives
- 2 Tbsp capers, rinsed and drained
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, smashed
- 1/4 c white wine vinegar, divided
- 4 tilapia fillets or other firm fish such as salmon, about 5-6 oz each
- Sprigs of thyme for garnish
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Drizzle a sided baking sheet with 1 Tbsp olive oil and place in the oven for 5 min. Remove from the oven.
Place potatoes on the sheet and sprinkle with 1 tsp thyme leaves, about 1/4 tsp kosher salt and 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper. Roast potatoes about 15 to 20 min or until browned and crisp, tossing halfway through. Remove from oven; wrap potatoes in foil to keep warm.
Place the tomatoes, olives, capers and garlic on the same baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil, 2 Tbsp vinegar and 1 tsp thyme. Place in oven and roast until just beginning to soften, 15 min.
In a small bowl, mix the remaining 2 tsp olive oil and 1 tsp thyme, 2 Tbsp vinegar, 1/4 tsp salt, and pepper to taste; brush on the fish. Place the fish on top of the roasted tomato mixture and return to the oven until fish is just cooked through, about 10 min.
Divide among plates and serve with the potatoes. Garnish with sprigs of thyme.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Penne Pasta with Sun Dried Tomato... 4.5/5 (356 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)