Cauliflower Falafel with Spicy Tomato Sauce
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 T chopped parsley
- 1 t cumin
- 1/2 t yellow curry powder
- 1/2 t cayenne pepper
- 1 t salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- SPICY TOMATO SAUCE:
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 T orange juice
- 3 cloves garlic (pressed)
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1/2 t hot chili powder
- 1 T Sriracha
- 1/2 t salt
Prepare the sauce by adding all of the ingredients to a medium saucepan. Bring the sauce to a boil and then reduce heat. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once sauce is finished, remove from heat and let cool. Puree sauce so that it is smooth and set aside.
Chop cauliflower into florets and then puree cauliflower and garlic into a food processor for 90 seconds or until the mixture becomes grainy.
Add pureed crumbs to a large bowl and combine with other falafel ingredients. Stir for 3 minutes until the mixture begins to form a thick paste.
Heat half an inch of oil in a small saucepan (about 3/4 cup). Form falafel paste into balls about 1 1/2 inches across and fry them in the hot oil. Each side should be cooked for about 5 minutes so that the edges being to turn brown. If you flip the falafel balls too soon, they might fall apart or wind up undercooked.
Once fully cooked, transfer fried falafel balls to a paper towel to soak up excess oil. Serve with spicy tomato sauce and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Sean's Falafel and Cucumber Sauce 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Baked Falafel Snack Bites 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cinnamon Chip Pumpkin Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Grillades - CC 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Skillet Turkey Meatballs with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Riggies with charred tomatoes,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cauliflower and Cannellini Bean... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- SLOPPY JOE (NO TOMATO) 0/5 (0 Votes)