Pappardelle with Leeks, Sugar Snap Peas, and Lemon
Delicious pasta recipe! Cheesy and creamy sauce makes this a family favorite!
Recipe from marthastewart.com
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 medium leeds (white and pale green parts only), cut into thin half-moons and rinsed well
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed and cut in half crosswise (optional)
- 3/4 pound dried pappardelle noodles
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 ounces Pecorino Romano cheese, grated (3/4 cup)
While brining a large pot of salted water to a boil, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add leeks and a pinch of salt. Cook until leeks begin to soften and are bright in color, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until very tender, about 5 minutes more. Turn off heat. Finely grate zest of lemons directly into skillet, and season generously with pepper.
When water boils, add sugar snap peas to boiling water, and cook until bright green, about 2 minutes. Transfer peas to a plate using a strainer.
Add pasta to boiling water, and cook until just tender, about 4 minutes (do not drain water). Transfer pasta to the skillet using a strainer. Add sugar snap peas. Gradually stir in 1 cup of pasta water, about 1/2 cup at a time, alternating with ricotta and half the Pecorino and tossing until pasta is coasted and sauce is creamy.
Divide among 4 bowls, and top with remaining grated Pecorino cheese.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (230 Votes)
- Texas Trash Warm Bean Dip 4.5/5 (184 Votes)