Fusilli with Chicken & Asparagus
- 1 1/2 pound(s) thin asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon thyme leaves, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 pound(s) rotelli or fusilli pasta
- 12 ounce(s) (boneless, skinless) chicken-breast halves, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 2 teaspoon(s) lemon zest, grated
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
- 2 ounce(s) Parmesan cheese, shaved with vegetable peeler
1.Preheat oven to 450° F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Toss asparagus with 1 Tbsp of the olive oil, thyme, and 1/4 tsp of the salt in a large roasting pan. Spread out into an even layer and roast 8 to 10 minutes, until crisp-tender.
2.While asparagus roasts, add pasta to the boiling water and stir a few times; cook according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat remaining olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp of the salt. Stir-fry 3 minutes, until browned. Add lemon zest; stir-fry 1 minute longer, until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice, remaining 1/4 tsp of the salt, and pepper.
3.Drain pasta and return to pot; add asparagus and chicken mixture and toss. Divide over 6 plates. Top each serving with Parmesan cheese.