Chicken, Sausage & Shrimp Jambalaya
Chicken, shrimp and sausage jambalaya is a simple, hearty Cajun dish that is full of authentic Louisiana flavor. It’s easy to make and perfect for celebrating - no matter where you are in the world!
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 1 pound andouille sausage diced, or dried chorizo sausage
- 4 boneless, chicken thighs or 2 breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 5 cloves ,minced
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 to 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 pounds shrimp peeled and deveined
In a large pot or dutch oven, over medium heat, render the bacon. Set on paper towels to drain. Remove excess grease, leaving 2 tablespoons in pan. Add andouille sausages to pan & cook until browned. Take out & drain on paper towels.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned. Remove all the meat to a bowl.
Add the onions and cook for about 15 minutes, until beginning to caramelize. Add the bell peppers, jalapenos and garlic to the pot and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. Add the meat back to the pot.
Stir in the rice, thyme, bay leaves, paprika, cayenne, one teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes until spices are evenly distributed.
Turn the heat up to medium high and add the crushed tomatoes and chicken broth. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer for 15 minutes.
Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and stir into the rice. Put the lid back on the pot, turn off the heat, and leave to sit for another 10 minutes. The heat inside the pot will cook the shrimp.
Remove the lid, fluff with a fork, and serve
You'll also love
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Gnocchi 4/5 (1 Votes)
- K's Crustless Broccoli Quiche 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken & Egg Noodles 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Sausage Dressing 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Sauerkraut with Polish Sausage 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Weight Watchers Creole Chicken... 3.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Weight Watchers Chicken and Rice... 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Rio's Chicken: Dog Food in the... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)