Chicken & Egg Noodles
This is a very old recipe. My Grandma made this when I was a child. I always looked forward to it. The secret to making this taste so good, is to simmer, simmer, and simmer!
- 1 lb chicken cubed
- 1 cup flour, 1/2 t salt and pepper place in a large bag
- 2 T oil or butter
- 1/2 c chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 3/4 c ketchup
- 2 1/4 c water
- 1 can chopped mushrooms with juice
- basil, oregano, salt & pepper to taste (approx 2 t basil 2 t oregano)
- 1 small package egg noodles
- Riccotta cheese (optional)
In a large bag, coat the cubed chicken with flour, salt and pepper. In a medium skillet, brown the chicken in 2 T oil or butter. Add all remaining ingredients to the chicken mixture and simmer 3 hours. After 2 1/2 hours, boil a large pan of water and start cooking your noodles.
After the noodles are cooked, drain. Combine the noodles with the ketchup mixture. Serve. You can compliment it with a side of Ricotta cheese.