Weight Watchers Chicken and Rice Stuffed Bell Peppers
use low fat cheese and cut to 5 POINTS.}.
two halves per serving for 6 pts
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 10 3/4 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup (reduced. fat, reduced sodium )
- 1 cup water or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon instant onion soup mix (about 1 envelope)
- 4 cups cooked chicken , cubed
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 5 large green sweet peppers , 8 ounces each
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (5 ounces)
1MELT margarine or butter in a large saucepan over medium heat
.2Add celery and cook about 5 minutes or till tender.
3STIR in condensed mushroom soup, water or broth, and onion soup mix. Heat till bubbly
.4Stir in chicken; heat through.
5Stir in rice; remove from heat
.6TO ASSEMBLE, halve peppers length-wise; remove stems, seeds, and membranes.
7Place pepper halves, cut sides up, in a large shallow baking or roasting pan
.8Divide chicken mixture among the pepper halves.
9Sprinkle with lemon-pepper seasoning.
10Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
11TO SERVE, bake peppers, loosely covered with foil, in a 350º oven about 55 minutes or till heated through.
12Top with cheese and pimiento.
13Bake, uncovered, about 5 minutes more or till cheese is just melted.
You'll also love
- Robin Chapman's Mississippi Roast 3.7/5 (54 Votes)
- Imitation Taco Bell Smothered... 3.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Rio's Chicken: Dog Food in the... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Low Carb Chicken Chow Mein 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Moroccan Stuffed Zucchini & Peppers 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Emily's Pound Cake 3.7/5 (41 Votes)
- Baked Cream Cheese Chicken... 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Cheddar Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta... 4/5 (7 Votes)