Seafood Stuffed Pork Tenderloin With Shrimp Sauce
- 4 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 3/4 sticks butter
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 pound peeled small shrimp
- 1 pound crawfish tails
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Red pepper to taste
Slice pork loin down center. Season well with salt, red pepper and black pepper to taste.
Heat 3/4 stick of butter in saucepan. Saute 1/2 cup green onions, 1/4 cup parsley, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon oregano for five minutes. Add 3/4 pound crawfish tails and saute five minutes.
Place pork loin on foil and pour the above mixture down center. Tie with string to hold mixture in and fold up sides of foil. Place on top of grill, cover, and add two handfulls wet mesquite chips to hot coals.
Prepare basting sauce by heating together 1/2 stick butter, 1 tablespoon honey, 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, and 4 tablespoons water. After loin begins to brown, baste every 10 minutes.
Prepare shrimp sauce by heating 1/2 stick butter. Add 1 tablespoon chopped onions, 1/4 cup green onions and 1/4 cup parsley, saute five minutes. Add 1/2 teaspoon thyme, 1/2 teaspoon white pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1 dash Tabasco sauce, 2 dashes Worchestershire sauce, shrimp and 1/4 pound crawfish tails. Saute 5 minutes. Add whipping cream and saute 3 minutes.
Remove loin from grill and cut into 1-inch slices. Pour a portion of shrimp sauce over each slice and enjoy!
This recipe yields 12 servings.
You'll also love
- ~ Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin OR... 4.5/5 (117 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin with Pan Sauce 4.3/5 (104 Votes)
- Maple Seared Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beach House Seafood Strata 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp Delight 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chipotle Shrimp, Black Bean-Quinoa... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- French Veal 0/5 (0 Votes)
- London Broil Turkey 0/5 (0 Votes)