Raw Turnip, Carrot & Apple Salad With Mixed Herbs
You can make this salad up to 24 hours ahead, but to avoid a change in color, wait to toss in the apple and turnip until an hour or so before serving.
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or apple cider vinegar, or mixture
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 medium purple-top turnips, peeled and coarsely grated
- 3 large carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and coarsely grated
- 1 large red onion, peeled and thinly sliced into half-moons
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup finely minced fresh dill
Adapted from wsj.com
In a large jar, shake together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper until emulsified.
In a large bowl, toss turnips, carrots, apples and onions with dressing. Add parsley and dill and toss once more. Adjust salt, pepper and lemon juice as needed.
Cover and chill 1 hour before serving.
You'll also love
- Chicken Parmesan Baked Ziti 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Cajun Corn Maque Choux 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Eggplant Grilled Cheese Sandwich 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Carrot Ginger Soup 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Buttermilk Pancakes with... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Chocolate-Dipped Figs Finished... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Quick Braised Artichokes with... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- COPYCAT APPLEBEE'S LOW-FAT... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)