Chicken Bacon Mushroom Quiche
A simple and delicious mushroom quiche with chicken and bacon recipe that's easily to doubled to feed a larger crowd.
- 2 ounces dried mushrooms
- 6 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups leftover chicken, shredded
- 2 teaspoons dried sage leaves
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Coconut oil
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from pinterest.com
If using dried mushrooms, soften them by covering them with boiling water in a heat-proof bowl for about 30 minutes. Drain well.
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190ºC). Grease a casserole dish or glass baking dish with coconut oil. I used a 10-inch round casserole. If you use a smaller one, you may have to bump up the baking time a few minutes since the quiche will be thicker.
In a large skillet over medium heat, render and brown the bacon. Add the leftover chicken, mushrooms and sage to the pan and cook for a few minutes, making sure there is no moisture left from the mushrooms (if not, your quiche will be soggy). Dump this mixture into the greased casserole dish, and set aside.
Crack the eggs into a medium bowl. Add the coconut milk, sea salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Pour the egg mixture into the casserole dish.
Bake the quiche for about 30 minutes or until the center is set and not jiggly.
Instead of dried mushrooms, use about 2 cups of sliced fresh mushrooms, any kind. Be sure to fry them down before you use them so they don’t add a lot of moisture to the quiche.
Don’t have any chicken? Use any leftover meat you’d like or just go meatless. If you don’t add meat, I recommend adding a veggie in its place.
Don’t like coconut milk? Use another nut milk of choice (homemade almond milk is great…I would make it extra thick by cutting the water down to 3 cups instead of 4).
Double the ingredients and make a mega-sized quiche for the week ahead.
You'll also love
- Mushroom Soup 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Black & Decker: Sweet & Spicey... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Japanese Chicken Stir Fry 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Mango Chicken Salad with Smoky Mayo 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Apple-Bacon Sweet Potatoes 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken and Stuffing Bake 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Lemon Chicken Breasts (Ina Garten) 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Cacio e Pepe with bacon (Zucchini... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
Review this recipe