Pear-raspberry heart pies
- for crust:
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 sticks cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cups plus 2 tbsp ice water
- for filling:
- 2 firm, ripe pears (Anjou or Bartlett), peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup raspberries, chopped
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with 1 tbsp cream
- sanding sugar
Make crust: pulse flour, salt, and sugar in food processor to combine. Add butter, pulse until coarse crumbs. Drizzle ice water into mixture, pulse until just comes together, 10 seconds. Turn out dough onto plastic wrap, form into a disk, wrap and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
Make filling: Toss pears with lemon juice. Melt butter in a skillet, add pears, toss to coat. Cook, adding sugar a bit at a time, until softened, 5 minutes. Stir in cinnamon, transfer to a bowl and mix in raspberries.
Divide dough in half, roll out each piece to 1/8 inch thickness, then chill until firm, 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drain pear mixture in a sieve. Cut out 20 hearts from dough using a 4 inch cutter, transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush edges of half the hearts with egg wash, top with 4 tsp filling. Top with rest of hearts, press lightly around sides to seal.
Brush with egg wash, sprinkle with sanding sugar. Bake until golden, 40 minutes.
You'll also love
- Yukon Gold Potato and Wild... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blueberry Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Arugula and Pear Salad With Maple... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chocolate Raspberry Fondue 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet & White Potato Spears 0/5 (0 Votes)